AN EXCEPTIONAL FAMILY HOME, PRETTY HIDEAWAY HAVEN, PRIVACY ASSURED.
GLENROSE COTTAGE IS A BEAUTIFUL, Beechwood constructed, 5-bedroomed family masterpiece, oozing with country appeal throughout, nestled amongst a gorgeous bush backdrop.
The mature, meticulously kept gardens and manicured level lawns, the sound of the creek trickling past and idling away the time in the timber gazebo, create a desire to stay here forever.
As you enter the home, past the front landscaped gardens and by the front verandah, you are greeted by a wide formal entry, with hardwood timber flooring. This wonderful feature floor is found throughout the kitchen, informal meals area and rumpus room and shows off the big bay windows with exceptional, private bush backdrop.
Behind the kitchen is 2 more formal living spaces, being the dining and loungerooms. Carpeted and with high ceilings, both these rooms again boast big bay windows so that you can take in the picturesque scenery, from both the front and the rear of the home.
The kitchen itself is spacious and open plan in design, oozing plenty of natural light and with arguably the best views of the home; to the courtyard under the rear verandah, where the grapevine grows. There’s a Westinghouse gas stove cook top, Smeg oven and ample bench space to cope easily with entertaining large gatherings, along with plenty of storage.
The walls in the hallway hark back to a classic era of yesteryear, with Victorian style wall-panelling and decorative dado rail. Down here to the end is the palatial master bedroom, with én-suite and corner bath and large walk-in robe.
The main bathroom and laundry are off the hallway also, as are 4 of the five bedrooms, all carpeted and each with built-in robes.
Immerse yourself further by having a BBQ gathering under the natural pergola, which spans the length of the rear of the home, alongside the picture-perfect lawns and Sandstone retaining wall.
Fancy a bush trail walk? Amble around the property by taking your own, private track, where you could walk for hours and still be on your own property. The rock cliffs offer scenic treetop views and some caves, found deep in the heart of your unique slice of Australian bush. Or take your Pony for a ride or trail bike for spin,… whatever your hobbies and pursuits, it’s all here for you:
• 5 generously sized bedrooms, carpeted throughout and all with built in robes
• En-suite and walk in robe to the huge Master bedroom
• Open plan living, multiple living areas include formal lounge, formal dining, rumpus and informal meals areas, downlights throughout the living areas and hallway
• Slow combustion fireplace found in the rumpus room, brick feature wall, with enough wood on the property to keep you going for years to come
• High ceilings, decorative woodwork, mix of polished timber floors and carpets
• Double-room sized retreat / studio or games room for the whole family to enjoy
• Superb Native bush outlook throughout and around the home through large bay windows, copious amounts of natural light
• Gorgeous bush setting, private bush walking trail, fixed timber gazebo near the creek is just perfect for being miles from everything
• Pretty tree-lined driveway winding toward the home, beautifully landscaped gardens to the front and rear of the home, large rose garden, double carport
• Abundant water supply with 1x 105,000L tank, 1x 31,500L tank, 3x 5,000L tanks PLUS registered Bore water supply, ensuring you’ll never run out
• Orchard with multiple stone fruit, citrus, nut, fruit and apple trees, all irrigated throughout and housed under bird proof netting
• Enjoy your own eggs for breakfast from the Chicken coop
• 14m x 7m insulated, Colorbond workshop with 3-phase power
• Solar hot water easily heating 450L hot water system, plus Solar panels to power the whole home for those cheap power bills
• ATCO portable office, woodshed, skillion roof for additional storage, plenty of other storage options throughout the property
• 7.0kms to Thirlmere CBD, including Thirlmere Primary School, local shopping centre, Post office and Peter Hunt Real Estate offices; 15.4kms to Wollondilly Anglican College; 11.2kms to Picton CBD.
You know when that property ‘feels right’. If you’re in the market to buy, then this could be it. You’ll be very proud to own this prestigious slice of paradise, which offers a relaxing lifestyle and a variety of recreational options. With its peaceful setting and character filled charm, early enquiry is encouraged.
With offices in Thirlmere call Wollondilly’s own Peter Hunt today to discuss this one, before someone else seizes the moment! 02 4681 9900
The villages of Picton, Thirlmere, Lakesland, Buxton and surrounds retain the tranquillity of small country towns. The region’s farms and villages, natural attractions and vast wilderness areas are a haven for nature-loving visitors.
Discover ever-popular Lakesland with its unique country lifestyle and excellent climate on offer, yet within easy reach of all amenities. The services of Wollondilly are nearby, which includes shops and schools and public transport.
Located just 96.4km from Sydney, just over 223km from Canberra and 59.6km to Wollongong’s beaches the locale is recognised Sydney-wide as the gateway to the Southern Highlands region, which has always been a major drawcard to the area.
NB: Any information about properties for sale or lease has been furnished to us by the Owners of those properties. We have not verified whether or not that information is accurate and do not have any belief one way or the other, in its accuracy. We do not accept any responsibility to any person, Company or entity for its accuracy and do no more than pass it on. All interested parties should make and rely upon their own enquiries, in order to determine whether or not this information is, in fact, accurate.